The time has come for a remodel in your Cambridge home and you need to choose a carpenter for the woodwork – who should you go with? This is a question that many Cambridge homeowners find themselves facing because there are many carpenters in the area. The best way to choose a carpenter is to take the following into account:
• Do they have the right kind of experience for your project? Different carpenters focus on different specialties. There are some, for example, who do only flooring while there are others who delve into areas such as cabinets, wardrobes, windows and doors and so on. Before you hire ask them to show you photos of projects similar to yours that they have done on the past.
• How much payment do they require upfront? Ideally carpenters should ask you for 30% of the total cost before they get started. If they ask for more they may be planning to abscond with your money before the work is done.
• Find out if they are members of any accrediting associations. These associations exist to ensure quality work and good carpenters make it a point to join one or two.
• Do a criminal background check before you hire any carpenter – the last thing you want is to hire one who later comes back to burgle you.
• Everyone who will be working on your carpentry projects should have workman’s compensation. If they don’t and they get injured while working for you they may hold you liable for their medical bills.
• Check for negative reviews before you hire.
One carpenter you can be sure will complete your bespoke project expertly is ALN Carpentry and Joinery. They have been in business for many years and they specialize in many different types of carpentry. You can find out more on their website, http://www.alncarpentryandjoinery.com/.